Total Pageviews

Monday 1 November 2010

YouTube as a search engine!

As the title says, how many of you have tried using YouTube as a search engine? If you are anything like me, you just look at the most recent/most popular video's but it does actually perform quite well as a search engine.
I found this out when I was looking to do some home mechanics (uh oh) to the Forester and was a bit stumped, as is the norm! In a fit of pique I made myself a cuppa, grabbed a cigarette and sat in front of the PC. I was using YouTube when I had one of my inspired moments. In the search bar I typed "how to" and then what I was trying to do and hit search. Amazingly there were at least 3 decent video's showing exactly what I was looking for!
Since then I have used YouTube a few more times with a decent amount of success and, seeing as I am in my middle years, I do find pictures better than words!
I don't suggest that it is the perfect search engine but when you are really struggling for inspiration why not give it a try?

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment