Total Pageviews

Saturday 20 November 2010

App of the week

Hi guys. Hope the Xmas shopping is going well. If you are anything like me you are yet to start. Don't forget to check out my Xmas gift idea's posts, you never know it may solve 1 or 2 problems!
Today I thought I would introduce you to a really interesting little app, but first a question. How many of you have partners who are in denial about snoring or talking in their sleep? I know I deny everything but now there is an app that will reveal exactly who does what in their sleep! It is called,

Sleep Talk Recorder 59 pence from the App store.


Sleep Talk icon in red


















For 59 pence this handy app is a must buy because it really works and the results for me were hilarious. I have now eaten a large plate of delicious humble pie and apologised profusely to Amanda!

How do I use it?

First off I suggest you go into settings and make sure you set sensitivity to high and set filter to "enable". Then choose how many minutes you want it to run before it activates. Generally when I go to bed I am asleep fairly quickly so I set my activation to 35 minutes.



Settings screen.
























Now the producers of Sleep Talk suggest users pop their iphones onto a charger. This was fine by me because I generally charge my phone at night and use an Apple charging dock which I have on my bedside table. It is also suggested that your phone is no more than 3 feet from you, which again is no problem.

Once you have set it up tap the record button and you will get a screen with a big green bed on it. When you are ready to turn the lights out just tap the bed icon and make sure the bed turns to red. That's all you have to do. Leave your iphones microphone to record your nights shenanigans and prepare yourself for a red face in the morning lol!



Stand by mode




Record mode




















In the morning go to the history screen. You will see a little graph of your nights recording, it is handily dated and timed.



History screen



















Tap the graph and you will be taken to the play back screen.



Play back screen

Tap the blue "play" arrow and listen! The nice thing here is you do not have to listen to the whole night. The program auto skips from the end of one part of a recording to the beginning of the next.

The play back clarity is excellent, if a little quiet, the sensitivity of the iphone 4 microphone must be very good.

You can choose to delete or save the recording. If you save it you can email it or even better, share it on your Facebook page!


Save and share screen













I have run Sleep Talk Recorder most nights. It is amazing what goes on when you sleep, I have deep and meaningful conversations about the most inane things imaginable lol! I have yet to record anything notable or suitable for Facebook!!

Overall Sleep Time Recorder is well worth the money. It runs without problem and has the potential for some very funny results. I have absolutely no hesitation in giving it 5/5 and suggest you give it a try too.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend,

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment