Total Pageviews

Thursday 18 November 2010

iphone 4 case review-Proporta Alu-Leather Case

Hi once again. I have just checked the weather forecast for next week and the weather man says it may snow! Get your warm clothes at the ready and prepare for the UK to shut down for at least 2 days!

In this post I thought I would introduce you to a very nice iphone 4 case. The case in question is called the Proporta Alu-Leather. It is available and in stock at MobileFun.co.uk, (shameless plug for my site sponsor!!), and is priced at £22.47 so consider it a more up market product.

So what do you get?
 
Proporta Alu-Leather Case

As you can see from the image, the Proporta Alu-Leather case is a custom made, hand crafted, flip style case, beautifully made in a high quality leather. Available in black only, it has contrasting hand stitching throughout, whilst the phone area has a quality black and cream pin striped material. The flip front is of contrasting, cream leather with an Aluminium plate. The aluminium is neatly stitched into the leather and for an extra touch of class, is embossed with the manufacturers name. It is held closed by a hidden magnet.


Proporta Alu-Leather interior



Pin stripe material



Embossed aluminium plate


Using the case.

I have used this case extensively for the last 5 weeks. The leather really is of the highest quality, you will find none of that rather unpleasant and easily worn "leatherette" here! The case offers a high level of protection due in part to the aluminium front plate, not that I suggest you drop,throw or generally abuse it in anyway please! All ports, buttons etc are easily accessed, I have used after market earphones and have had no trouble with the 3.5mm jack as is commonly found in other cases. I found that the case remained shut, the magnet powerful enough to negate any unwanted opening.

The camera and flash cut out is slightly obscured when the case is very new. I found I had to push the phone hard into the case initially, but after a few days use and the case "settling in" this problem was sorted. 


  
Lens and
flash cut out





 

Earphones easily attached



 
   
volume and vibration controls
 


There are two slight niggles I have about the case, both are very minor but are niggles none the less. Firstly you cannot use a desktop charger when your iphone is in the case. However, It is no big issue to remove your phone when charging or syncing. Secondly I found that the very corners of the iphone touch screen were slightly obscured. I found this particularly prevalent when using the touchscreen keyboard.

Overall I will give the Proporta Alu-Leather case 4/5. It is only let down by the aforementioned niggles, but if you are looking for a more upmarket case and like the flip fronted style then I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending it to you.

If you have any questions about this, or any other product mentioned in my blog, feel free to leave your questions in the comments box.

Stay safe and warm,

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment