Total Pageviews

Thursday 3 February 2011

I'm back!

Hello all and a very happy, if somewhat belated New Year!

I have been absent for about 6 weeks and there is a story behind it so read on lol!

Last December I was due to go into Hospital for surgery on my neck. For a few weeks prior to this I had felt really grotty and a week before my hospital stay I went down with the flu. No not "man flu" but the pucker version! My GP sent me home and for a week I was in a different world and it was not a pleasant place to be!

Fortunately I was well enough to go from my "death bed" at home to a hospital bed at the Oxford Radcliffe Infirmary, well if you call that fortunate lol! This was for surgery to remove a disc from my neck and various bits of bone that were pinching my spinal chord! This is in relation to an accident I had in 1998 and was the second time I have had this particular op. I have shrunk by about 3 inches due to losing most of the discs in my neck!

I went in on 23rd December, yes how lucky was I!, and was released on 24th in time for Xmas. However my Xmas was spent sleeping off the anaesthetic and feeling rather grim.
The recovery for this operation takes time and it is only really today that I have felt well enough to sit at my PC. Six weeks worth of emails to sort out has had me swearing a fair bit!

Anyway enough about me. I hope you all had a great Xmas and were lucky in the "gifts received" department.

I shall be back posting regularly again, if any of you have items you would like me to consider etc then please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment