Total Pageviews

Friday 11 February 2011

Item review - Flexishield Wave case for the iPhone 4

Hello again on what is a really nice, almost spring like afternoon! It wont be long until we have the light nights and warm days and I for one cannot wait!

Today's post is a review of another case. The amount of new cases coming onto the market is amazing and I am really grateful to Natalie and the guys at MobileFun.co.uk for providing me with some to review. Hopefully these reviews will help as a guide to the better ones out there, but I also appreciate that cases are very much a matter of personal taste.

Today's case on review is the,

Flexishield Wave case for the iPhone 4.


Flexishield Wave case

This case is a cracker and is available from MobileFun.co.uk for the amazing price of £9.99.

What's in the box?

Unlike many manufacturers who provide a goody bag, this case comes on it's own. For the price I cannot complain and read on because this is probably one of the best, value for money, cases currently available.

Description.

The Flexishield Wave is very stylish in design and is made of two materials. The clear part is made of a very sturdy polycarbonate whilst the rest is made of a gel like silicon rubber. This silicon is extremely grippy and has a very nice feel to it. I cannot foresee anyone dropping their iPhone through losing their grip. Flexishield have even provided a pitted grip area to both sides which makes dropping the device even less likely!

The Flexishield Wave has well designed cut outs for the iPhones buttons and ports and is slim enough that using a third party set of earphones will not cause any problems. The camera and flash cutout will cause no problems when taking pictures.


Base of the iPhone showing 30 pin dock connector plug


Volume controls and silent switch


Camera and flash cutout

Using the Flexishield Wave case.

If, like me, you use a screen protector then you need to take your time when installing your iPhone as I found that the case did cause a little bubbling around the edges of the protector. This wasn't a big issue for me but I did install my device with care.
I always fit my iPhone "button side" first as I find this the easiest way. Once fitted I spent a minute making sure that the edges of the case were all fitting correctly.
The iPhone is certainly very snug once in the case, there is no fear of the device falling out!

You may have noticed that I use a 30 pin connector plug which is available, for very little cost, from that famous, online retailer! These plugs prevent dust and such like from getting into the iPhone, I also use a 3.5mm audio jack plug for the same reason.

From the pictures you will see that the case really does show the iPhone off well. The clear section has a really nice design to it and people often ask what case it is when I use it.

The Flexishield Wave case provides a certain amount of "lay on the table" design which is always a welcome feature. For those who don't know what "lay on the table" means, it means that the case has a slight "lip" to the front which raises the screen from the table and prevents it from getting scratched.

"lay on the table" design

As I have mentioned, the case has a really nice, grippy feel to it. It certainly feels nice in the hand. The materials used will provide a reasonable amount of protection to the iPhone, the case also feels very durable.

Overall.

I really like the Flexishield Wave case. It is certainly very attractive and sets the iPhone off really well. Not only is it stylish, it is also a protective case. Whilst not in the league of some of the "ballistic" style cases, with normal use your iPhone will be well protected.
For £9.99 I was not expecting much and I was pleasantly surprised. Hats off to Flexishield for this one!

I give the case 4.5/5.

Just a reminder guys. If you want to see a seriously good collection of iPhone 4 cases then click on the highlighted link.

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment