Total Pageviews

Monday 6 December 2010

App review-Internet Radio Box.

Hi there one and all and what a cold night again. I just took a peek outside and realised that I am becoming soft in my old age as I really hate being cold!
Tonight I thought I would do a review of an app I found on Saturday. I spend quite a bit of my free time looking at various apps and this one caught my eye and I thought I would share it with you. The app in question is called,

Internet Radio Box


Internet Radio Box
There are no prizes for guessing what this app does I'm afraid, even I would guess correctly!
Internet Radio Box is an Internet radio application and, until today, it was free however it will now cost you 59p from the App store. Even so it is a bargain.,
There are, what seems like, dozens of similar apps available for download. I only downloaded this because it was free but first impressions are very good.

Key Features

Over 40,000 stations


Radio Box supports many formats including MP3, AAC(+) and WMA.
The play back quality from the stream is excellent.

Supports 3G, EDGE and Wi-Fi.
Use WiFi wherever possible because it is free and unless you have an unlimited data plan with your service provider the data usage over 3G and EDGE is very high.

Supports Multitasking.
This is a very handy setting. Listen to your favourite music whilst doing something else on the iphone 4. Not all radio apps support this.

iphone 4 Retina Display Support.
The UI is really nice and looks great, thus enhancing the user experience.

Sleep Timer.
A self explanatory feature.

RadioDeck directory.
Browse for your favourite channel by Genre, Country, Most Popular Station, or search.


RadioDeck Options
Built in WWW browser.
With media detection. Also has direct access to Facebook and Twitter.

Built in Data Monitor.
Allows you to keep tabs on your usage!


Data Monitor


Data Monitor


Those are just some of the features, there are many more including offline favourite management etc.

Overall I have thoroughly enjoyed using this little app. I have found some of the more "offbeat" Channels via the search function and so far it has not let me down.
The music playback is of the highest quality either via the iphone 4 built in speakers or via earphones. Another nice touch is that the name of the song and artist are displayed along with an option to purchase the track from iTunes.

I give Internet Radio Box a 5/5 rating  not only for it's price but also for the quality of music and choice of stations. Well worth the 20mb it will take up on your device so give it a try.

I will be back later this week with another item review so until then, stay warm and safe,

Andy.




















No comments:

Post a Comment